Welcome to the website for Wem & Prees Medical Practice
Please do check this page regularly as we will endeavour to update it as soon as information is received here at the Practice.
The Government have launched a website where you can find further information about - feeling unsafe, going to work, paying bills or being unemployed, getting food, having somewhere to live and mental health and wellbeing.
The government have produced a link containing information on what to do if you have Coronavirus symptoms for the second, third, fourth time and so on
If you are an essential worker you can request a test via the below link
Vulnerable Person Shielding letter
If you believe that you should have received a letter requiring you to shield you can now go to www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable and register as a vulnerable person. This information will then be passed to us here at the Practice.
Prescription Volunteer Delivery Service
Wem and Prees Medical Practice are pleased to say that due to working in conjunction with local volunteers we are in a position to deliver prescriptions to patients who are on the shielded patient list who normally use our dispensary in Prees.
This service will operate Monday-Friday until further notice. Please do not contact the surgery to ask when delivery will arrive we will contact you by telephone to let you know that your prescription is on the way.
Thank you for your understanding as we try new ways of working to ensure we all stay safe in these unprecedented times. Without the support of the local volunteers this delivery service would not be possible.
On behalf of the Practice we would like to say thank you to the community for their help during this time
Flu Eligibility & Clinics
Please see below this years flu vaccine eligibility.
We have scheduled our first clinic for patients aged 65+ on Saturday 26th September at both Wem & Prees, please call the Practice to book an appointment.
All patients will be screened upon arrival, asked to social distance and wear a face mask in accordance to current COVID guidance.
Flu vaccination eligibility criteria
1. You are a Covid-19 shielded patient or you are a household member of someone who is
2. Children over the age of 6 months with a long term health condition
3. Children aged 2 and 3 years on 31st August 2020 (that is born between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2018)
4. If you are aged 65 and over on 31st March 2021 (that is you were born on or before 31st March 1956) so if you're currently 64 but will be 65 on 31st March 2021, you qualify
7. Have asthma (treated with a preventer inhaler) or has led to hospital admission, COPD or other long-term lung condition
8. Have a long-term heart condition
9. Have kidney or liver disease
10. Have a neurological condition such as Parkinson’s disease
11. Have a learning disability
12. Have (or live with someone who has) a weakened immune system due to a medical condition, medication or treatment
13. Are severely overweight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or more
14. Carer for someone whose welfare may be at risk if you’re ill
15. Are a front-line health or social care worker working in a residential or nursing home, a hospice or with a home care provider (this is usually given/organised by your employer)
16. Are a resident of a nursing or long-stay residential home
• 50-64 year olds who do not meet any of the above criteria may become eligible later in the year however if you are aged 50-64 and in an 'at-risk' group you should not delay having your flu vaccine.
Further clinics will be announced shortly. Please check the website and Facebook regularly for updates.
Due to the current situation we are, at present, no longer conducting routine blood tests. We are still holding non routine Phlebotomy appointments at Wem. All patients will be screened by either a text message or a telephone call the day before your appointment and again before entering the premises. This is to ensure patient to patient safety.
We thank you for your understanding during this time.
COVID-19 and Pregnancy
Please use the following link for updates and to pregnant women and their families during COVID-19
As a precautionary measure we have temporarily removed access to online bookable appointments.
We now have a facebook page for regular updates please follow us Wem & Prees Medical Practice
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
A number of online resources are now available containing expert advice and top tips on how to look after your mental wellbeing if you need to stay at home during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. They also include guidance if you’re feeling worried or anxious about the outbreak.
Every Mind Matters:
MIND: Coronavirus and your Well-being
Cruse bereavement: Dealing with bereavement and grief
NHS: Apps and online tools to manage your mental and physical health
Gov: Find out what you can do if you are struggling because of COVID-19
#HiveHug provides online creative resources - music, art, photography and more
Please see the link below to view the new arrangements for Adult Mental health Services in Shropshire, worried about your own or someone elses Mental health
Call: 0300 1240365
If you require support or advice for dementia please contact the below number asking for the Memory Service Cottage Hospital
Call: 0300 303 1601
Please take the time to check our Patient information leaflets displayed under the 'services' tab for up to date practice changes and other useful information.
Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.